What is the P&T Competition?
- The Competition is intended to give students an opportunity to hone critical analysis, presentation and research skills. More importantly, the Competition allows students to view different styles and processes that can be used in effective formulary management. It also provides exposure to, and a working knowledge of AMCP’s Format for Formulary Submissions. Students learn to develop and manage a formulary system through evaluating literature, conducting comparative studies, and making real-life decisions based on cost-benefit analysis.
- Earn 3 elective credits!
- Compete in teams of 4!
- Valuable learning experience and a great addition to your CV.
- The winning team from our local chapter will be entered into the national competition.
- Each of the eight AMCP Student Chapter teams selected as finalists in the National P&T Competition will receive $4,000. The top three winning teams will additionally receive:
- 1st place: $4,000
- 2nd place: $3,000
- 3rd place: $2,000
When does the competition take place?
- Late Fall 2017 – Early Spring 2018
- Credits are counted towards the spring semester
What are the required submissions for the competition?
- 2018 Case Study & Drug: TBA by AMCP
- Submission A: eDossier Evaluation
- Submission B: CER/ICER Analysis
- Submission C: Drug Monograph
- Submission D: PowerPoint and Recorded Group Presentation
PHMY 539 Formulary Management I
PHMY 539 Formulary Management II
To learn more about the P&T Competition, visit the AMCP Website!
If you want to qualify for the 2017-2018 P&T Competition, you MUST complete the following requirements BY THE RESPECTIVE DEADLINES!
1. Team Registration: Sign-up HERE
- Team registration will be open for the period of Nov. 1st @ 1:00 PM – Nov. 8th @ 11:59PM.
- You must be registered in teams of 4! Teams may consist of both first-time and returning participants.
- There is a limited number of students who may receive credit for the course: 54 first-time participants and 54 returning participants.
- Teams with current AMCP members will have higher priority.
- PLEASE NOTE: If spots are filled and you still wish to compete, you may still participate in the competition without receiving credits.
- Selected teams will be announced by Nov. 10th.
Looking for a team? Click HERE and reach out to the individual(s) who you would like to work with!
2. AMCP Membership Registration: Sign-up HERE and pay by Nov. 17th.
- If your team is selected to participate in the P&T Competition, you must register for AMCP Local and National membership ($60 for AMCP Local + National dues)
- After signing up, you will receive an AMCP National Member ID. Please email this ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. This can be done after Nov. 17th.
Questions? Contact Tieu-Long Ton-Nu & Zoe Nguyen at email@example.com