According to the American Cancer Society, did you know that…
- Tobacco use is the single largest preventable cause of disease and premature death in the US?
- Yet nearly 1 in every 5 adults still smoke cigarettes??
Chalk the Smokeout is an event where we chalk facts around campus about the impact of smoking and exchange quit kits for cigarettes to promote smoking cessation. It is an event inspired by the Great American Smokeout.
The Great American Smokeout is an event initiated by the American Cancer Society to promote smoking cessation. On the third Thursday of November every year, Americans are challenged to make a plan to quit smoking tobacco or to plan in advance and quit on that day.
Rock the Smokeout is one of the biggest interdisciplinary events on campus that involves a battle of the bands at Pickles Pub to help raise money and awareness for the American Lung Association.
UPCOMING EVENTS: Fall 2016
GBM#1 : Monday September 12 1:00-1:50pm in N111 & SGIII 2131
- Come join us as we introduce the new E-board, the fun events, and upcoming guest speakers we have planned for the semester! Free food and raffle prizes!
SPAghetti Fundraiser: Tuesday September 27 11:00am-2:00pm PH Atrium
- Pricing: Members – $4/plate + drink; Non-member – $6/plate + drink ; $18/plate + drink + SPA membership
- Venmo, Cash, and check accepted.
GBM#2: Friday October 21 1:00-1:50pm in N103 & SGIII 2131
- Guest Speaker Dr. Caitlin Leach, PGY1 Community Pharmacy will come and teach us about transgender health managment. Free food!
GBM #3: Monday, November 7 1:00-1:50pm in N111 & SGIII 2125
- Guest speaker: TBD