SNPhA at UMBSOP
Our Mission Statement
SNPhA is an educational service association of pharmacy students who are concerned about pharmacy and healthcare related issues, and the poor minority representation in pharmacy and other health-related professions.
The purpose of SNPhA is to plan, organize, coordinate and execute programs geared toward the improvement for the health, educational, and social environment of the community.
- To offer student members the opportunity to develop leadership and professional skills.
- To educate students about and promote active participation in national health care issues.
- To develop the role of the minority health professional as a vital member of the health care team.
- To develop within communities a positive image of minority health professionals.
- To educate communities on better health practices and to increase their awareness and understanding of diseases.
The Student National Pharmaceutical Association (SNPhA) was founded in 1972 on the campus of Florida A & M University, when Sharon Roquemore (now Sharon Lovick Edwards) and John J. Scrivens organized that first meeting. In addition to the students from Florida A & M University, students from Howard University, Texas Southern University, Xavier University and other schools were in attendance. The meeting participants numbered about one hundred.
Our many years of success are in part due to the outstanding leadership the association has had over the years. Mr. Clinton C. Cunningham was the first Executive Secretary; serving from 1972-1974. Mr. Ralph Arline (deceased) succeeded him from 1974-1979. It was in 1979 that SNPhA gained its first female leader, named Heidi Anderson (Currently Dr. Heidi Anderson-Harper). For ten years, she provided impeccable leadership bringing SNPhA into a new era. Dr. Marisa Lewis took the helm in 1989 and continued for the next 16 years in the capacity, the longest tenure of any Executive Director. Dr. Carmita Coleman currently serves as SNPhA Executive Director.
Over the years, SNPhA has been blessed with several Assistant Executive Directors, who included Dr. Terri Smith-Moore, Dr. Monica Lahoz, and Dr. Patricia Lieveld. Dr. Julie Smith is the current Assistant Executive Director, serving since 1995.
Click Here to visit our National website
October 25, at PM. cialis malaysia pharmacy October 26, at AM.